I love League of Legends, even though the past week or so has been incredibly frustrating with a string of losses :( But anyway, good news: Dominion has been released!
Long anticipated, Dominion is a capture-and-hold control point mode for LoL, and I have to say that it's quite fun. The gameplay is very different than Summoner's Rift which is very refreshing. The key differences:
- Champions start at level three with 1325 gold.
- A global Crystal Scar aura modifies standard statistics.
- 15% armor pen, 5% magic pen, 20% healing reduction, mana regen bonus, experience point gain over time
- Death timers are much shorter.
- Matches are much shorter, usually 15 - 20 minutes.
- More champion battles, less creeping, fewer large team fights.
Because of the aura not all champions are well-suited to Dominion. For example, champs without mana or who do a lot of healing will be disadvantaged. (Though the ninjas seem to do quite well.) In general, it seems that tanky-DPS champs dominate the game right now, which is somewhat disappointing because tanky-DPS dominates the vanilla game as well.
Overall the new game mode is extremely fun. The best feature is that it's fast-paced, so you don't need to commit to an hour of uninterrupted play.
Good work Riot!