We had some technical troubles there for the past few days, but my awesome server admin, Rodney, figured out the problem and now we're back in business. Apparently the site was under some serious hack attack by the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security and the Let's Cede California to Mexico Committee (a.k.a., the California Legislature), but we've managed to prevail and are back online.
Interesting bits I'd been wanting to post about but couldn't:
- Newly elected leader of the U.S. Episcopal Church Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori dismisses parts of the Bible she doesn't like using facile, intellectually dishonest arguments with no basis in history or theology.
- Even more crazy, Matt Labash recounts his visit to Oz with the munchkins of the Daily Kos.
- Crazier still, The Secrets of Scientology.
- In awesome news, Hong Kong scientists discover that leukaemia is caused by a virus, which may allow for some new treatments for all sorts of cancers.
- Fred Barnes explains why it's too bad Jeb Bush won't run for president.
Looks like the site is still intermittent, so bear with us.