Here's a blog game that'll be fun, and give some exposure to some less well-traveled blogs: The First Annual Blog Scavenger Hunt. The idea is simple: I write up a list of topics, and you find a blog post somewhere that discusses each topic. You can't use any individual blog for more than one topic, and you can't use any of your own posts. Further, honor demands that you not take any action intended to initiate a post on a topic for the express purpose of using it as an answer. Got it?
The deadline will be Monday, December 1st. Answers will count even if the topics are discussed facetiously, and they don't have to match the list word-perfectly; use your best judgement. Of course, no post related to the contest itself can be used as an answer. All answers must be links to blog posts, not any other type of website.
Once you've finished your list (or gotten bored), post the topic list along with your answers on your blog and send me a link with "[bloghunt]" in the subject. I'll post links to all the participants, along with my own answers, after the deadline.
If you think you're too busy to play, just print out the topics and fill them in during your normal browsing. (And look, no cheating by stealing links from other people; it's just a game.)
Here's an example:
1. Bush is a liar.
Answer: George W. Bush: The Top Ten Lies at Lies.com.
Here are the topics you have to find:
1. A plea to get the attention of Glenn Reynolds.
2. George Bush is controlled by the Council on Foreign Relations.
3. Drinking diet soda makes you fat.
4. Each season of Survivor is better than the one before it.
5. The first president of the United States was really Adam Weishaupt.
6. Getting bullied can be good for kids.
7. Circuses are lame.
8. Water: Tap vs. Bottled.
9. Pros and cons of digital cameras.
10. Everyone should be investing in gold, because it's going to dramatically increase in value.
11. A funny thing happened on the way to the....
12. A personal story about a power outage.
13. Paper towels vs. blow-dryers.
14. Why I changed my cell phone service.
15. Ninjas vs. Pirates: which is better?
16. How to get free stuff from a company.
17. A depressing story about being broken up with.
18. Here's a great Movable Type trick!
19. The Democrat and Republican parties are the same.
20. I'm think I'm turning into a werewolf/vampire/&c.